Information on Dogs Pricing
Royal Frenchel's regular size, 22 to 28 lbs. costs $1295 to $1895 for both short hair and silkie coat. Pricing can change weekly during the growth of the puppy as different traits show up. This is true for all ranges of size of Royal Frenchels noted below as well.
Royal Frenchel's small size, 15 to 20 lbs. costs $1495 to $1895 for both the short coat and the silkie coat.
Royal Frenchel's extra small & Tea Cup Royals are available from time to time and range from $2800 to $6400! They are very rare and special dogs raised with the same quality attention as all Royal Frenchels are ... only they’re pint size!
Part of this cost is their rarity, however these little beauties require a great deal of time and attention that is dedicated to care for them from birth to 3 to 4 months old. To assure their safety and care, they are separated from the rest of the litter and raised individually by one or two people to avoid any injury or mistreatment due to their size.
These little fellas and gals are also socialized with other dogs that are trained to be respectful pack members who do not harass, play too rough, or bark inappropriately. The result is a pup who is well adjusted and very well loved during their development, who will ultimately behave more appropriately with other dogs as well.
If you want a well-cared for, healthy dog, it has to have a certain level of care. Our costs for puppies are based on this high quality of care provided. We don't breed a large number of dogs; we breed a select, healthy few. We are not a manufacturere of puppies, but rather we are a high quality breeder, which means that we do a lot more work for every dollar we make. But we love what we do, and here is some of what we do, so that you can feel better about the dollars you spend.
Costs for puppies is well considered. In order to insure blood lines that are healthy, AKC stud dogs are used that cost an average of $500 to $1000 per breeding.
This is a “real live” list of what we do on a regular basis in raising and selling a Royal Frenchel Puppy. Perhaps it will help you better appreciate the fees we charge for pupsand the healthy approach we take to raising them. Information can make a world of difference.
Great Dogs for Great People!
Physical Puppy Care
- Feed dogs
- Clean yard
- Clean & sterilize cages
- Clean & sterilize food dishes
- Worm shots
- Make Veterinarian visits
- Take them to Veterinarian visits
- Cut dew claws
- We make certain the dams are protected in case of cesarean by keeping two doctors on call when possible during the whelping dates. This allows the dam and pups to whelp at the time they choose, which is best, rather than having to schedule a surgery date.
- Choosing dam and sire
- Breed dogs
- Set up dates for breeding
- Take dog to breed
- AI (Artificially Inseminate) the dog
- Record all birthing process –
- Whelp Puppies
- Have Whelping Station Items ready
- Check ahead of time to insure all items are up to date and that you have enough.
- Medicine to start the heart well
- KY Jelly
- Thermometer (preferably the same one that was used previously to check temp)
- Nutri gel for quick nutrition
- Choose phone for answering sales calls
- Make flyers
- Choose route for placement of flyers
- Prepare information
- Deliver flyers with information
- Take pictures of dogs and puppies
- Edit pictures of dogs and puppies for website and flyers
- Puppy Showing
- Clean space
- Choose dogs to show so as not to overwhelm our visitors
- Make certain everyone in household knows the showing is about to occur so you are not interrupted
- Have packet ready for info
- Pictures of puppy ready for copy or sending on email! Fun stuff!
- Dog food bag pre-prepared with info written on it for customers ease of purchase and puppy protection
- Info regarding organic healthy dog for website
- Prepare puppy talk copy to refer to when showing puppy
- Give puppy talk
Primary Family Care & Training
- Pre-Whelping meetings
- Create 3 Whelping Preparation Meetings (2 in group and 1 at home) – one pre-set up and one after
- Give materials and info
- Whelping Ready Doc – Make it or check it for updating each time newly
- Whelping Ready Doc – Send it electronic for printing out with
- instructions to print & put in 3 ring binder and keep with Whelping Ready Station
- include Whelping Record
- Visit Primary Family a minimum of 3 times to do well checks during last 4 weeks of pregnancy (previous to that group meetings are enough) Make certain the last 2 visits are after station was to be made.
Record keeping and communication
- Responsibility exists due to:
- Veterinarian care – keep file on each dog
- AKC papers – scan for electronic file email PDF to MHF and keep paper file in dog file
- Specialty exams and their certifications ie: eye certification on IGGY’s – scan for electronic file email PDF to MHF and keep paper file in dog file
- Sale Records – record in dog file list of new owner names to look up in General Puppy Sales file – electronic file has the agreement with Agreement Scanned and signed in it from purchase of pup – notation if pup is stud or pick of litter if first pick contract exists
- New Owner Agreements – scan for electronic file email PDF to MHF and keep paper file in dog file
- Stud Availability – list created as available, notation of dates of update made each time it is changed, old one is copied electronically and then it is put in Old Stud List copies
- Dam Whelping Availability – List of dams available for whelping with dates of heat and birthing
- Lineage Charts – record dam & sire with AKC papers and history on each litter, place new puppies in the line as new owners
- Balance Check Books
- Determine amount spent on all areas of physical movements
- Pay bills
- Prepare info for accountants
Meetings with Other People
- Mentorship from others
- Contact Veterinarian when necessary to discuss treatments and to qualify actions where ignorance might cost us and or hurt the dog
- Meet with person to help clean
- Create back up person for emergency trips for dogs in case more than one family is whelping or more than one dog is in need of care
- Meet with bookkeeper
- Online Advertising
- Newspaper Advertising
- Local Advertising Opportunities
- Buy dog food
- Buy health items to administer
- Pee Pads
- Whelping items necessary to whelp puppies successfully. If you want any support for organizing and being prepared for whelping your litter, please feel free to ask. We know how important it is to be ready. Some items for us include:
- KY Jelly
- Clamp – surgical clamp
- Excellent surgical scissors
- Feeding tube
- Eye droppers
- Goats milk on hand (fresh! Remember to taste any milk yourself before ever giving it to puppies! This is the Golden Rule!)
- 2 Hot water bottles
- Towels – lots of towels
- Suction bulb
- Veterinarian numbers and directions legibly written!
- Remember that temperature is the most common reason for pups to die at birth. Have things to keep the pups warm!
- Record and track all breeding to insure creating best results – family tree genealogy
- Dates of litters
- Dates of advertising for newspapers and flyers
- Copies of all picture files for use in web, ads and given to new families of dogs
- Copies of advertising to use for future ad base
- Register in AKC – for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and French Bull Dogs
- Register for eye exams and other specialty exams
- Vet Care
- Purchase and sale record
- Create plan
- Take photos
- Write copy
- Make pages
- Interact with website maker
- Post site
Remember, anyone can help a dog get pregnant and let nature take its course. But, wouldn’t you want the best care available, if you were having a baby? Yes, here is to the kind, thoughtful evolution of dog breeding for everyone. I hope we all get used to it and insist upon it. Being ready for the myriad of things that can happen to our four legged family members is truly meeting them with our best.
Phew! For those who love the dogs… it's the good life!
Thanks for reading this page. We appreciate your interest.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Call us at 360-446-1140 or email us at